Wednesday: With a lunch stop in Bakewell, famous for its pudding, we aim to be at our overnight hotel in Preston late afternoon.
Thursday: After leaving our hotel in Preston we spend some time in the resort of Morecambe before heading for Heysham to board the ferry for the afternoon crossing to Douglas. Once off the ferry it is then just a short journey to our hotel.
Friday: Our first day on the Isle of Man is spent exploring the southern part of the island. Our first visit is to historic Castletown, the old capital of the island. Along the way we cross Fairy Bridge, give a wave to the fairies which may bring you luck! Then it is onto The Sound, a protected nature reserve with seabird and seal colonies as well as an excellent café with fabulous views across to the Calf of Man. This afternoon we make our way to the pretty Victorian seaside resort of Port Erin. Here we board the Isle of Man Steam Railway, the island’s oldest Victorian rail system and travel through the Manx countryside back to Douglas.
Saturday: Enjoy a free morning here in Douglas, the modern capital of the island. Visit the Manx Museum and discover the island’s fascinating 10,000-year-old history. Take a stroll along the promenade and enjoy some retail therapy at the island’s main shopping centre. This afternoon we drive to Laxey where we board the Snaefell Mountain Railway, Britain’s only electric mountain railway, as it winds its way to the summit of the island’s only mountain, where breathtaking views await. Fingers crossed that when we reach the summit it’s a clear day so we can see the Seven Kingdoms!
Sunday: Today we are joined by a local guide and enjoy a guided coach tour of the infamous TT Circuit. Our tour starts at the Grandstand start/finish for an introduction before following the course, pausing at St Johns for the royal chapel and Tynwald Hill and Ramsay for lunch and short walking tour. This afternoon we continue our tour, travelling along the mountain section with a stop at Creg-ny-baa, the pub on the way down from the mountain before returning to our hotel.
Monday: After an early breakfast we catch the ferry back to Heysham. From here we use the motorways and make our way home. With suitable stops along the way, we hope to arrive back in Essex mid evening.
Please read the itinerary carefully before deciding if this tour will be suitable for you:
1) Adequate travel insurance is compulsory for this holiday and photo ID is recommended.
2) For this holiday you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 status, either in the form of a COVID Pass or NHS COVID letter or demonstrate a negative PCR test/LFT completed within 48 hours prior to your visit to the Isle of Man. The cost of these are not included in the holiday and will be your responsibility. We will offer guidance as best we can.
3) Due to the historic nature of the venues visited on the Isle of Man, there may be uneven surfaces and steps.
4) As this tour involves heritage railways of the island you must be able to negotiate getting on and off the trains.
5) The last day involves an early start and long periods (around 3hours at a time) on the coach.
6) To comply with driver’s hours on the last day, this holiday will only use the pickup points at Butler Road, Halstead / Green Man, Gosfield / Manor Street, Braintree / Club, Dunmow.
7) There is no porterage at the overnight hotel.
8) C & J Tours cannot be held responsible if weather or technical issues cause problems to the outward or return ferry crossing or with the railway journeys on the island, resulting in them being delayed or cancelled.
9) Single Supplement – £91.00 (max 5)
Located in the centre of Preston, just a short drive from the M6, the 3-star Holiday Inn Preston is in an ideal location to break our journey to Heysham. All rooms are en-suite with flat screen TV, telephone, hospitality tray, hairdryer and WiFi. A lift serves all floors.
Set in a Victorian townhouse on the promenade, the 3-star Empress Hotel enjoys magnificent views across Douglas Bay and is just a short walk from the town centre. All the bedrooms are en-suite and have modern décor and feature free WiFi and flat screen TV’s along with hospitality tray and ironing facilities. A lift serves all floors. The hotel also has a Piano Bar, TV Lounge and Conservatory that features panoramic sea views. Leisure facilities include a small gym, sauna, steam room and a beauty therapy suite (charges apply).
Executive coach travel * 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast at the overnight hotel, comprising of a 3 course dinner with choice of menu. Starters and desserts are served to the table and main course is usually buffet style. Tea/coffee after dinner and full English buffet breakfast * Return ferry crossing (Heysham-Douglas) – sailing time just under 4 hours * Porterage on arrival & departure at the Empress Hotel * En-suite rooms * 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Empress Hotel, comprising of a 3 course dinner with choice of menu. Tea/coffee after dinner and full Manx breakfast * Excursions as outlined, including free time in Castletown. Time at The Sound and single journey on the Isle of Man Steam Railway from Port Erin to Douglas. Free time in Douglas and a return trip on the Snaefell Mountain Railway. Guide coach tour on one day taking in Tynwald Hill, part of the TT Circuit and Peel.
If you'd like to receive our brochure...
Click here for our Brochure
Need more info on booking trips?
Click here for How To Book
Why not book online now?
Click here for Booking Form
Stuck for present ideas? How about a gift voucher?
Click here for Gift Vouchers
Our Pick Up Points
Click here for Pick Up Points